Raleigh Auto Glass Repair
Your vehicle’s windshield is one of the hardest working parts of your car. From road debris to weather to general visibility – your windshield is one of the key components of your vehicle that protects you from any number of things.
However, things can happen – and when you need windshield repair in Raleigh, NC, look no further than Glass Solutions. We are one of the Triangle’s leading experts in windshield repair, and we’ll have your vehicle back on the road in no time.
Benefits of Windshield Repair
Think that chip or crack in your windshield isn’t a big deal? Think again. A chip or a crack in your windshield can happen at any time – especially when you consider the amount of road debris that potentially flies into your vehicle on a daily basis on, say, a highway.
Left unattended, a chip or crack can spread to other parts of your windshield. It can cause issues with visibility, and it can also compromise the structural integrity of your vehicle.
How much does it cost to repair a cracked windshield?
Every vehicle’s windshield is different. Windshield repairs generally start at $75, and can go all the way up to a few hundred. Glass Solutions offers very competitive pricing and would love to provide you with a quote free of charge.
How do I know if my windshield can be repaired?
Until a professional is able to examine your windshield in person, it is tough to say. The saying “it’s better to be safe rather than sorry” definitely applies here, as a damaged windshield can put many people at risk if not tended to properly, yourself included.
DID YOU KNOW?
According to the Auto Glass Safety Council,
The windshield provides a significant amount of strength to the structural support in the cabin of the vehicle. For instance, in a front end collision the windshield provides up to 45% of the structural integrity of the cabin of the vehicle and in a rollover, up to 60%.
That’s right! Your windshield quite literally ‘shields’ you in the event of a serious accident. As a key component of your vehicle’s overall safety restraint system, your windshield also keeps the roof of your vehicle from crushing you in the event that you are involved in a rollover accident.
With all of that said, it is important to make sure that you take care of your windshield. If you notice damage or suspect that something may be wrong, give us a call. As one of the leaders in windshield repair in Raleigh, NC, we’ll be able to assess and repair the damage and get you back on the road in no time. Contact us today for a free quote!
Windshield Repair Services We Offer
Glass Solutions, LLC offers some of the best automobile windshield repair in Raleigh, NC from certified technicians who are skilled in repairing auto glass. Our windshield repair services cover:
- Cars, Trucks, SUVs
- Commercial Vehicles
Contact us today at 919.772.1007 for specific information related to the type of windshield repair services you need. We proudly offer windshield repair in Raleigh, NC as well as throughout the Triangle area!
10 Interesting Facts About Windshields
Windshields are the leading cause of insurance claims in the United States with roughly 30 percent of auto insurance claims being windshield damage.
Other interesting facts about your windshield that you may not have known include:
- Windshields were first introduced around 1904.
- Windshields used to be a luxury item.
- Oldsmobile was the first vehicle manufacturer to sell windshields as “standard equipment”.
- The first windshields were made of two-piece plate glass that drivers could fold down when it became too dirty to see.
- Early windshields used plate glass, similar to that used in residential windows. As a result, drivers were often injured by flying shards of glass when accidents occurred.
- In 1919, Henry Ford perfected the process of creating laminated glass in windshields, which made windshields more effective and much safer.
- “Curved” windshields were introduced in 1934. These windshields were more aerodynamic.
- Around 1949, tempered glass was introduced to the side and rear windows of vehicles.
- Generally speaking, auto windshield glass can be repaired as long as cracks are no more than 61cm (21 inches). This can vary from state-to-state.
- If you sustain damage near to or on the driver’s side of your windshield, by law, it may not be repaired and must, instead, be replaced.
Windshield repair should only be performed by a certified, automotive glass professional. Never attempt to repair your windshield yourself.
Long-Term Effects of Windshield Damage Left Unattended
You may think that a small chip in your windshield is nothing to worry about…now. However, over time, small cracks and chips can lead to extreme, long-term effects such as the total collapse of your windshield.
If you do notice damage to your windshield, don’t hesitate. Schedule an appointment with us today to have it looked at and repaired. It can save you from further weakening your windshield and hurting yourself or others.
For additional information about windshield repair in Raleigh, NC, contact Glass Solutions today at (919) 772-1007!