Security glass (also known as safety glass) is characterized by additional safety or security features that make it more difficult to break. Because security glass is less likely to break, it is also less likely to pose a safety threat to people who are around it.
What is security glass made of?
Security glass can be manufactured a variety of ways. Most security glass is made of tempered glass. However, other types of security glass may also be made of other materials, such as: laminated glass, and wire mesh glass.
Where do you see security glass?
Security glass can be seen in a variety of places, such as:
- Government vehicles (ex: bulletproof glass in vehicles used to transport the Pope, the President of the United States, etc.)
- Shower doors and tub enclosures
- And more
Types of Security Glass offered in the Triangle
There are different types of security glass. Below, we look at some information on each.
- Uses chemicals and/or heat to increase glass strength
- Will not shatter
- When struck, glass crumbles into small, granular chunks
- Consists of two layers of glass sandwiched together by a sticky layer of composite material (polyvinyl butyral)
- Doesn’t shatter
- Has a higher sound insulation rating
- Blocks most UV rays
Wired Mesh Glass
- Also known as Georgian Wired Glass
- Characterized by a grid or mesh of thin wire
Quality Security Glass Installation & Replacement in Raleigh
Feel more secure knowing that your loved ones and belongings are safe inside of your home, business, or vehicle. Security glass replacement can give you that peace of mind.
At Glass Solutions, our team of glass repair experts offer FREE estimates on all work done. We know how important it is to our customers to have quality glass that works hard to protect the people and things that are most important.
Take a look at some of the other advantage of security glass repair below.
Advantages of Security Glass
Keep your home or business safer with security glass from Glass Solutions. Besides the added safety it provides, other benefits of security glass repair include:
- Sound control
- Protection from hazardous weather
- Protection from UV rays
- Protection against forcible entry or blunt force impact
Contact Glass Solutions For Your Security Glass Installation
Give us a call to schedule an appointment, or request a FREE estimate on services by filling out our contact form.