Your customers and employees deserve a safe, healthy place to work, eat, or shop. This is especially important for businesses deemed essential during a pandemic or other times of a health crisis. To help provide a safer environment, we design and install custom glass sneeze guards and partitions for your business in Raleigh.
Whether you need to protect food, place a shield between an employee and customer, or build a partition between a dining and service space, we are here to help you meet those goals with an attractive, high-quality partition.
Give us a call to schedule an appointment, or request a FREE estimate on services
Protect Your Business with a Sneeze Guard
Sneeze guards are most commonly seen in buffet restaurants, shielding food from the hundreds of people a day who are dining from the open tables. However, the sneeze guard has taken on a new role with the spread of coronavirus. Now, these glass partitions are used to create a “breath barrier” between employees of essential businesses and customers, especially when it’s not possible to maintain the physical six feet of space. The partitions block aerosol transmission of COVID-19, minimizing the risk of spreading illness.
Do Glass Partitions Work to Stop COVID-19?
Walmart, Sam’s Club, Harris Teeter, and other grocery stores began installing sneeze guards at the registers and in the pharmacies as the amount of cases of COVID-19 grew. Research has shown they can greatly reduce the spread of infection between front-line employees and the people they serve.
In addition to COVID-19, as the cases fall, continuing to have a partition up can still provide safety from the threat of seasonal colds and flu. While seasonal illness is certainly less dangerous, a flu or cold outbreak at your business can lead to frustrating call-offs and a loss of productivity and profits.
Businesses Using Custom Sneeze Guards
Any business that provides essential services and “client-facing” work can benefit by adding this layer of protection to cashiers, food-service employees, receptionists, bank tellers and other essential employees. Sneeze guards are being installed at a rapid rate in:
- Grocery stores and retail establishments
- Healthcare locations – dentist’s, chiropractors, etc.
- Car mechanic offices.
- Post office and shipping centers.
Installing a Sneeze Guard for Maximum Effectiveness
At Glass Solutions, we can work with you to design and install a custom glass partition for your business. For proper effectiveness, your barrier should extend 30 to 36 inches high from a desk or counter, which is typically 30 to 42 inches high from the floor. This will protect even the tallest customers and ensure maximum protection.
Our experienced technicians will work with you to determine the right width and height to ensure an appropriate coverage area. With a custom shield, we can provide you with:
- High-Quality Glass: With a clear, attractive piece of glass, there’s no visibility barrier.
- Extra Large Width: If you have a wide counter, such as at a hotel, we can install your glass partition to be several feet wide if necessary.
- Added Pass-through: If you need to pass money, documents, or other items to your customers easily, we can add a small pass-through at the bottom of the window that won’t affect the breath barrier of your partition.
- Cost-Effective: Our strong, tempered glass requires minimal supports, reducing the cost of installation, improving aesthetics, and preventing visibility blocks.
- Added Security: We can use security glass, like wired mesh glass or laminated glass to provide you with added protection.
Instead of using poor-grade acrylic that can crack, etch, and become hazy, tempered glass is strong, clear, and easy to maintain. When you work with the experienced team at Glass Solutions, you’ve got several decades of glass installation experience on your side, so you can feel confident that we’re working efficiently to make sure your partitions are stable, secure, and built to last.
Contact Us for Your Custom Sneeze Guard
Protect your employees and customers from airborne illness – Give us a call to schedule an appointment, or request a FREE estimate on services by filling out our contact form.