Glass Solutions is your trusted expert for glass table top replacement in Raleigh and surrounding areas. Today, more than ever, people are realizing the many benefits of having a glass table top. Whether its the table in your kitchen or the desk in your office, glass table tops are versatile and can make your space feel modern, eclectic, or elegant.
Over time, you may want to replace your current glass table top with something different. Perhaps, you want to swap out that oval glass table top in your dining room for a rectangular one. Maybe your glass table top is damaged, and you want to have it replaced. Whatever your reason for replacing your glass table top, we are here to help. Give us a call today: 919-772-1007 for more information.
Glass Table Tops vs. Glass Table Cover: What’s the Difference?
Do you own a nice piece of wood furniture that you want to protect? Over time, wood furniture can fade, chip, or become damaged. Having a glass table cover is unobtrusive, and it can preserve your furniture while adding a touch of class. So, what is the difference between a glass table cover versus a glass table top? We explain below.
Glass Table Tops:
- Are set on top of a base to form the actual table surface (ex: kitchen & dining tables, desks, coffee tables)
Glass Table Covers:
- Are placed on top of a pre-existing surface to act as a form of protection (ex: dressers, wood furniture, plant stands, night stands, desks)
What kind of replacement glass do I need for my table?
When doing the glass table top replacement in Raleigh, we are often asked if there is a specific “type” of glass that is preferred. The answer is: it depends. When doing glass table top replacement, you have to consider the:
- Type of furniture you’re using the glass table top with
- How big the glass will need to be
- The shape of the glass
- The level of thickness of the glass
- The type of glass you’d like to use
- The color of the glass (ex: clear, frosted, tinted)
Replacement Glass Table Top Shape
The shape of your replacement glass can vary. Some of the more popular selections that we see include:
- Irregular/Other Shape
Replacement Glass Thickness
As mentioned earlier, glass thickness is one of the more important factors that you’ll want to consider once you know how your replacement glass will be used. Below are some of the popular measurements for glass thickness.
- 3/16″ – appropriate for: patio tables, small tables & as glass table covers
- 1/4″ – appropriate for: glass tabletops & glass table covers
- 3/8″ -appropriate for: heavy, unsupported table tops where the glass is the only table top
- 1/2″ -appropriate for: heavy, unsupported table tops where the glass is the only table top. **This is the strongest, thickness available, ideal for more load-bearing surfaces